TC United Recreation Rules
We have updated many of the rules for our rec leagues. While there are not many changes, we have updated them to reflect changes established by US Youth Soccer. The purpose of recreation soccer is to provide young soccer players an opportunity to be a part of a team, learn basics soccer skills, develop a love for the sport of soccer, and have fun in a comfortable environment. Recreational soccer is all about fun, recreation, love of the game, and winning is not a measure of success.
Goals of the Rec Program at TC United
- All players are provided a fun and comfortable environment where they will feel safe.
- All players enjoy their experience.
- All players will be able to fully participate on their team. All players should play at least 50% of time on the field.
- All players will be taught basic soccer skills including dribbling, passing, ball control, ball skills, shooting and teamwork.
- Coaches will be encouraged to direct the game from the sidelines keeping the momentum of the going and utilizing practices to teach skill development.